Progress on my mods

 

This is just a quick post, a preview of what I've been doing two months ago. I tried creating a 3D tree with Blender and put it onto my dear old track. I know, it's not much, but I need to try and experiment things for myself.

I should mention that this is is not a CSP 3D tree. It is part of the circuit's model, and probably if you put more of them it will destroy the graphic performance, unless you add a good set of LODs. I don't know, it seems quite optimized, and I haven't tested with more yet. However it's pretty good (not too realistic, but can be improved), especially if you consider that you can generate trees VERY easily in Blender with the right addons that allow maximum customizability. Don't look at the grass 😂 it's still the old one.

Maybe you can mix 2D and 3D trees like this one on the map to create a better illusion. Meh, let's see what CSP TreeFx will be capable of.

There's also the problem of backface culling: these trees have single-sided faces.

Oh, and the livery on the Ferrari is mine. Yes, I'm learning that properly too.

Actually, I may use it as my blog cover. Or not. Luckily I still have some tricks up my sleeve.

 
As a follow-up, I spent more time with Blender and obtained this; it works quite well in terms of performance (still, I will try with more): 
 
 








Comments